Thursday, October 16, 2008

sweaters...at last!

So, my ravelry queue of projects is laughably long - and seriously, it's true I'm working on most of them all the time - which is why none are finished! Obviously, there are only so many hours in the day.

I don't know about anyone else, but I switch projects depending on whether I just want to cruise along with stockinette stitch, or follow a more complex pattern, or what. That of course means that I've made sporadic and uneven progress with each project. Which is alright, I guess, because they all seem to change in priority anyway.

Currently, with the onset of cold weather (heat's been on a couple nights in my building) the wool is more appealing than it had been previously. I finally cruised through and finished my red and brown striped hiking sweater, very thrilling! I've christened it by wearing it to the office a couple times now, so it's officially a garment. I still have to take the final pictures though to post on ravelry.

I'm also making progress on several baby projects, now that that due date is upon us...I'm just psyched to have a niece now, hee hee! Then I'm hoping to finish off my cotton jacket for the office (I do enjoy doing cables) and then I think the rest of my time will be taken up working on the cardigan for dad.

No comments: