Monday, August 4, 2008

Cinnamon-colored summer cotton sweater

So instead of the wool projects, I've been racing along, working on this one instead. And a baby sweater as well, but I'm keeping that one under wraps until it's time to send it to the new parents. Then I'll post final photos for that project. In the meantime, presuming I don't knit decreases where I should have increases...I hope to finish this little short-sleeved summer cotton/soy sweater (shirt?) done while the warm weather lasts. The yarn is "Sublime" - which the hand of the fabric is, but the yarn...is not so much. It's worth pointing out that inasmuch as it's wonderful to knit, it is also highly prone to splitting, and it has knot(s) in each and every skein. I'm composing a grumbly letter to the manufacturer on this one. Still, the fabric has a great drape, once you figure out what to do with all those knots.

No comments: